Pages

Pages

Friday 19 October 2018

Refugee - The Book

I think it's safe to say that our whole class was upset at reading the end of our class book, - Refugee, by Alan Gratz.

The book is about three refugees, and their story. All of their stories tie together somehow, and they all know each other (you will find out how in the end).

Here are the character's names:
Isabel
Mahmoud
Josef
 As I said before, they are all refugees, and they are all trying to escape from the country they are in.
My favourite character was Isabel, (part of the reason was because she was the only girl, and that made me relate to her even more) and her story was very intense. Here is the thing I liked best about her story:

When she was trying to cross countries on a handmade boat, she had a pregnant mother, and it made the story much more intense, since you never knew when her mother was suddenly about to go into labour!

I found the story very interesting, and all of the chapters made me want to keep reading. 
I definitely recommend this book, you should read it!


Image result for refugee alan gratz

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, it was so sad. I was very glad I didn't have to read it to the class because I cried and I cried a lot at the end. It was so moving, and so heart wrenching. Especially as these stories are based on truth and versions of them, particularly Mahmoud continue to happen today. Tragic.

    Thanks for sharing Ariana.
    :) Mrs S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs Spragg,
    Hannah told me about how you guys were bawling your eyes out, and if I was telling the truth, I wish I could've been there to see it (haha)!

    I totally agree with you about how the story was really sad, even Grace teared up! I cried so much.

    Can't wait to have you back in the class,
    Ariana, Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.