Pages

Pages

Thursday 7 April 2016

Van Gogh's Starry Night Painting.


Over the past six weeks, we have been learning about van Gogh's painting called ‘A Starry Night’. We cut up his painting into 6 pieces and we chose a piece each. It was only the Year sixes. I painted a bit with stars and a moon at night. We used van Gogh’s techniques like using small swirly strokes to make the sky look windy and swirly. I chose a medium sized brush to make my painting look like his. The painting was a picture of a nighttime sky with a little village and a big black curvy mountain. I used a sponge brush to use the night sky then the swirly bits on top. I had lots of fun doing MY unique painting. :-) We used SOLO to describe our thinking. My thinking is Multistructural because I can describe several things about van Gogh’s painting skills. My next step is to describe several things about van Gogh paintings and explain why I used this skill in this way.

3 comments:

  1. I have written in your friends' posts about how impressed I am with all of your efforts. I have also got myself confused because I think I have seen a version of this painting in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris but I read that the painting is actually in New York. So regardless of my confusion; I am impressed with the effort you havbe put into your recreation. Will you be exploring the techniques of other artists? Will you be developing your own style? I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Allan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.