Pages

Pages

Friday 2 November 2018

How to find the Area Of A Circle

Yesterday in maths, I learned how to find the area of a circle. I decided to share with you guys how to do it. What I found hard was the whole process of working it out.

First you have to work out the diameter of the circle.
Image result for circle with radius











The radius of this circle is 8cm. To figure out the diameter, we times the radius by 2.
8 times 2 is 16cm. The diameter of this circle is 16cm. To figure out the area, you times the diameter by π. This symbol means pi. Pi equals 3.14, so we times the diameter (16cm) by pi (3.14), so thats 16 times 3.14. This equals 50.24, so the area of this circle is 50.24squared.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm Ben from Waikowhai Primary School. I liked how you explained how to find the radius of a circle very simply. I never knew this before looking at this blog post. If you want to check out my blog it is at: http://wpsbenl.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.