Pages

Pages

Friday 29 June 2018

The Yaldhurst Times - My Newspaper Reports

For the past week our whole class has been working on our own newspapers. Mine is called 'The Yaldhurst Times', I came up with this name by using our school name and thinking of what newspaper names could go on the end, and eventually I came up with 'The Yaldhurst Times'.

I found it difficult to get a right layout with my newspaper, since I was using google docs; we had an option to use other newspaper layouts on different websites but somehow it just wasn't working for anyone.

I also found it difficult to use formal language and especially using third person because a few times in my report I wanted to use 'we', or 'you'.
The requirements for my newspaper report were:

  • Having a Headline, and a Byline
  • Including a quote
  • Other parts of information in a report from another source/website
  • Correct punctuation
One reason why I'm doing this blog is because I am not yet finished my report and I would like feedback, and this is what I'm unsure about: 
  1. Does my report look like a newspaper?
  2. Do I need any extras to make it look like a newspaper?
  3. Can you spot anything I need to improve?
Here is the link to my newspaper report:
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.